Welcome to the 270th Android Apps Weekly! Take a look at the big headlines from the last week:
- Google Play has an excellent little sale right now. It is mostly for mobile games and some of the titles are actually really good. Monument Valley 1 and 2 are on sale for $0.99. Samarost 3, a popular (albeit older) puzzle game is is 80% off. In addition, The Room: Old Sins is on sale for $1.49 and Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lion is on sale for $3.59 (down from $11.99). There are many others as well scattered around. However, the highlights are the aforementioned games. The sale should run through the weekend at the very least, possibly until the end of the month.
- The popular zombie shooter Unkilled had a huge update this week. One of its most requested features is the ability to play story missions in co-op mode. Players got their wish this week. It’s a little restrictive right now. Players can only team up with one other player. In addition, Madfinger Games added new bad guys, new guns, and some other smaller things as well. Unkilled is easily among the best freemium shooters on mobile and this update gives it a fairly fresh set of features. Give it a shot if you haven’t already!
- YouTube is airing free movies now, apparently. The video streaming service quietly launched a new feature that lets you watch actual movies. Some of the titles include The Terminator, Rocky, The Pink Panther, Hackers, All Dogs Go To Heaven, The Man in the Iron Mask, and dozens of others. Most movies are either older or were less than amazing blockbusters. However, there are a ton of recognizable titles in the list. You can view all of them for free. However, there are un-skippable advertisements similar to how Hulu works. This could be a huge deal if YouTube actually makes some money out of this.
- Google’s Find My Device app got a fantastic update this week. It now includes indoor maps for large areas like stadiums, malls, airports, and similar areas. Thus, people who lose their phones in these types of areas can narrow down the location a lot more easily than they could before. That’s about it in terms of the update. However, the move to indoor maps means more accurate location tracking. That’s especially important with a lost phone. In any case, hit the link to read more about the update!
- Blizzard is allegedly working on a new Warcraft game for mobile. It’s not like most other Blizzard games or even other Blizzard mobile games. It’s going to be an AR game similar to Pokémon Go. There aren’t a ton of details yet. However, the story mentioned that Blizzard employees seem to really enjoy Pokémon Go and wanted to do a game like it. The details are sparse, but check out the linked article to find out more.