Earlier today, President Donald Trump met with game industry executives and their critics to talk about the link between video games and violence, a topic many of us got sick of discussing years ago. Trump reportedly opened the meeting by showing a supercut of bloody video game deaths, remarking “this is violent, isn’t it?”
But precisely which games does the Trump administration think may be inadvertently training the next mass shooter? Since the video is now posted on the White House YouTube channel, we can tell you that among other things, he’s apparently pretty worried about Call of Duty.
Here’s what we’ve found in the video:
- The death of Call of Duty: Black Ops character Joseph Bowman (2010)
- A collection of scenes from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (2009)
- Clips of kills in horror multiplayer game Dead by Daylight (2016)
- More scenes from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, this time the infamous “No Russian” mission
- Killing Nazis in Wolfenstein: The New Order (2014)
- Shootouts in Fallout 4 (2015)
- The “X-ray kill cam” system in Sniper Elite 4 (2017)
- A death animation from horror game The Evil Within (2014)
So, in all, that’s seven games, from six series. I’m not sure exactly how these particular clips came up, but at the risk of giving the White House ideas… I’ve probably seen worse during E3 press conferences.